Cathleen is a fourth-generation Oklahoman. She was raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but spent a few childhood years living overseas. Cathleen graduated from The University of Oklahoma with a Bachelor of Science in Medical Ethics in 2012. She was awarded a Juris Doctorate from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 2015. Prior to joining Pierce Couch in early 2020, Cathleen was a litigation associate at two other Tulsa-based defense firms.
Cathleen’s practice is primarily devoted to insurance defense. She has extensive experience defending matters concerning medical malpractice, premise liability, professional liability, personal injury, insurance bad faith, and commercial disputes. She is an active member of the Tulsa County Bar Association, Oklahoma Bar Association, Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel, and Defense Research Institute.
When not working, Cathleen enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with her husband, Cal, and two small children, Georgiana and Theodore.
- 100% of practice devoted to litigation
- State of Oklahoma, 2016
- S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2015
- CALI Award in Energy Regulation
- University of Oklahoma, B.S. Medical Ethics, Minor in Psychology, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
Defense Research Institute
Areas of Practice:
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Civil Litigation
- Professional Liability