Kim was born and raised in Midwest City, Oklahoma. Prior to becoming a lawyer and joining Pierce, Couch, Hendrickson, Baysinger & Green in 2006, Kim worked as a Nurse at Integris Southwest Medical Center as a Surgical Nurse for 12 years. As a Registered Nurse and attorney, Kim utilizes her nurse attorney experience by representing nurses before the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and in defending physicians, nurses, pharmacists, licensed professional counselors, drug and alcohol counselors, nursing homes and other health care providers in medical malpractice litigation and licensure and disciplinary issues.
Kim has extensive experience in administrative law and representing professionals before their licensure boards. She has represented professionals before the following administrative boards: Oklahoma Department of Health, Oklahoma Medical Board, Oklahoma Board of Nursing, Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy, Oklahoma Division of Professional Counselor Licensing and the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Oklahoma, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2006
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2005
- Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, Oklahoma, 1991
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers Rising Stars-Medical Malpractice Defense; 2013-Present
- 2016 Oklahoma Bar Association; “Nursing Home Litigation from Both Sides of the Bar.”
- 2013 Oklahoma Bar Annual Convention; Health Law Track: Navigating Nurse Licensure Disciplinary Defense.
- 2011 Oklahoma Medical Record Law, Lorman Educational Services.
- 2009 Oklahoma Medical Record Law, Lorman Educational Service.
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)
- Bowman v. Presley, 212 P.3d 1210 (Oklahoma Supreme Court 2009)
Areas of Practice:
- Professional Liability
- Medical Negligence
- Product Liability
- Retail and Hospitality Law
- Administrative Law