Amy Steele Neathery

Amy NeatheryOklahoma City, Oklahoma
Partner

phone:
405-235-1611
405-552-5280 (Direct)

fax:
405-235-2904

email:
Email Me
Download my vCard

Amy grew up in the Dallas area before moving to Oklahoma in 2001. She is the oldest of five children, and married Tommy in February 2013. Outside of the courtroom, Amy is active with the Alzheimer’s Association and often speaks and advocates on behalf of caregivers. She also enjoys spending time with her dogs, gardening, and OU football.

Year Joined Organization:

Amy initially joined Pierce Couch in 2004 where she practiced until 2010. In 2013, Amy returned to Pierce Couch.

Areas of Practice:

Insurance Bad Faith
Insurance Defense
Insurance Coverage Evaluation and Disputes
Products Liability
Professional Malpractice (Primarily Medical and Legal)
Transportation
Automobile and UM Litigation
Premises Liability
Appellate

Litigation Percentage: 

90% of Amy’s practice is devoted to litigation; the remaining 10% focuses on insurance coverage opinions.

Bar Admissions:

State of Oklahoma 2004
State of Arkansas 2016
United States District Courts for Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma and Western and Eastern Districts of Arkansas
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Education:

University of Texas at Dallas
Richardson, Texas (B.A. in Crime and Justice Studies, summa cum laude, 2001)

University of Oklahoma
Norman, Oklahoma (JD with distinction/MPA, 2004)

Professional Associations and Memberships:

Oklahoma Bar Association
Oklahoma County Bar Association
Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
Defense Research Institute
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance

Past Employment Positions:

Abowitz Timberlake Dahnke & Gisinger, P.C.
Pignato, Cooper, Kolker & Roberson, P.C.

Published Opinions and Articles:

 National American Ins. Co. v. Vallion, 183 P .3d 175, 2008 OK CIV APP 41
What Happens at Mediation Does Not Necessarily Stay at Mediation, USLaw Magazine, Fall/Winter 2009 (Republished with minor changes in OADC Newsletter, May 2010)
Sizemore, Summers, and Certification Orders – The Current Status of Workers Compensation Bad Faith, OADC Newsletter, September 2010
Does the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act End Life Care Plans As We Know Them?, Co-authored by Gerald GreenUSLAW Magazine, Fall/Winter 2014
Where is There Coverage for the Emerging Transgendered Claim?, Co-authored by Jacqueline McCormick, USLAW Magazine, Fall/Winter 2016

Other Languages:

American Sign Language

Client Access